Felt Donuts

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Miss 9 and I got busy with some felt this weekend, making something she has wanted to make for a while, donuts! The weather was crummy, really bad timing for the Australia Day long weekend, but we had planned on spending the weekend at home anyway, so it was perfect crafting weather.


There are stacks of patterns and tutorials all over the web for these donuts, we just used an old coffee jar and a twenty cent coin (although next time I will use a 10 cent coin instead, I don't like the donuts with a big centre circle, but that's just me).


Then we cut out the felt and sewed the beads to the icing and the top layer. So many tutorials have you stitching the beads on after the whole thing is assembled and stuffed, but I didn't see much point in doing it that way.


Then we stitched the top to the bottom and stuffed!


Voila!


Miss 9 stitched the coloured bead one, I did the white beaded one.


I am so proud of her, this was the first thing she has ever sewed and she was so patient and did a great job!

My thoughts go out to those affected by the bad weather up north.

xoxo

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!