New Girls

Wednesday 13 March 2013

I was having a quick look back through the last few posts and realised I haven't gotten around to introducing the new girls to you. So here they are...

Scarlett O'Hara (because she is so white, just like Scarlett's skin)

Guinevere & Genevieve (aka the twins because we can't tell them apart!)

I went to get two new girls with names already picked out, Anne Shirley and Elizabeth Bennett, having decided all my new hens should have literary names. But Mr Homespun decided on three instead (because with Mr Homespun it is always go big or go home!), and with it being impossible to see the difference in the twins, new names had to be found.

But I couldn't think of any literary twins.

Except for Fred and George, but after the sacrifices they made in the battle against Voldemort, calling them girls seemed a bit of an insult.

So Gwen and Jen it is.

We had a few teething problems getting them settled in, the new girls not liking them, perhaps three at once was too many. Lucy gave them so much grief I'm sure the neighbours think her actual name is Rack Off Lucy because I swear I said it at least a dozen times a day (yes I like to hang around and watch my chickens, call me odd).

So there they are, my lovely new hens. Scarlett is laying perfectly lovely white eggs, albeit very small ones, and the twins are yet to mature but it won't be long now.

Do you have chickens?
Want chickens?
Can you think of any twins names I could've used instead?

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Hi mrs homespun a little bird told me you have an amazing apple and walnut muffin recipe!!! Can you please share..
    Thanks love Gabbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely! I'll post the recipe very soon. xoxo

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete