Household Routines - Getting my ducks in a row

Monday 30 January 2012



Since becoming a stay at home mum last year I have struggled to find a routine that works for me (us). I have always worked outside the home and so cleaned madly in the evenings and on weekends and days off and it was working OK for us (not great but not too bad either). But now I have too much time on my hands and I get very little done. And to top it all off I am a procrastinator!

There is so much information out there but I find most of the books deal with getting rid of clutter and fortunately clutter isn't my problem. Oh sure, there's some around here but not to the point that it makes me want to tear my hair out, it's just the general run-of-the-mill stuff that can quickly turn a clean home into a huge mess in the space of 5 minutes (they're call kids LOL).

And these past 6 weeks I have had one more thing that throws any routine that I did have completely out of the window. School holidays. Enough said.

But today Miss 8 goes back to school. And tomorrow Miss 12 will too.

So I'm starting afresh. I know what was working for me (very little) and what wasn't (almost all of it). So over the coming weeks I will be posting about my progress and what's working for me and hopefully things around here will start to get a little more organised. I will make time for going to the gym, and for the home improvement projects that I desperately want to do as well as for the more mundane, like washing the floors and the like.

So pop in when you can and check out how I am going, and if you have any tips please comment.

Cheers

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!