More on the Kids Reward System

Wednesday 16 November 2011

My post on the Kids Reward System I introduced in our family a few months ago gets so many hits on the blog so I thought I would give a little bit of an update on how it is going. We made a few tweaks to the value of some chores, but other than that the system is still going strong here. Admittedly, the girls don't always get their chores done, and they certainly haven't started doing many of the extra chores I put on the list (like getting the clothes off the line and helping with dinner) but at least I don't have to nag, if they chose not to do them, they don't get their pocket money as quickly as they would if they helped out.

It has also helped that I have stopped saying yes when they ask for a magazine or something similar when we go to the shops. Sure they haven't stopped asking yet, but they are optimists! In case you are considering this system, it still gets the big thumbs up from me!

My original posts on the reward system can be found here and here.

Cheers!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!