Kids Reward System

Sunday 22 May 2011




I don't know about you, but I have always had trouble motivating my kids to do their chores. Until now. A couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon an article in the paper about using a marble reward system, the author claiming it really worked. So I thought I would give it a go, I had nothing to lose, except a heap of odd jobs! The system itself is remarkably simple; each child is given a jar and each chore is given a marble value. For each chore done the child receives the valued amount of marbles and when their jar is full they are given their reward. For my kids it is $20 but you can 'pay' them whatever value you feel fair. How quickly they fill up their jar all depends on how reliably they do their chores, meaning I don't have to look like a big meanie when I don't feel they have earned their pocket money! My kids have taken to it like ducks to water. Fingers crossed it lasts!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!