Cooking

Friday 18 November 2011

So far I have only made two recipes from my cookbook of the month, beef and broccoli stir fry and marinated chicken wings. The stir fry is one I have made a couple of times before and we all love it (kids included, they love it). I have made a slight change to the original recipe which calls for light and dark soy sauce, sorry Julie, but I am a girl on a budget and we only have the normal soy sauce in the house so I simply substituted it for both types. I would love to put the recipe up here but to be honest I'm not up with the copyright aspects of doing this so if anyone has any advice please share it!



The other recipe is the marinated chicken wings, which were very nice and not as sweet as some versions of chicken wings are. I also made a small change by leaving out the coriander root, coriander is a herb/spice I am not fond of so I don't grow it at home. Unfortunately this one didn't get any feedback from the family (that's how I am starting to work out which recipes become part of our normal menu or not, I got this idea from a friend, if it gets unsolicited positive feedback I will make it again, if not, it's out). I also forgot to take a photo so you will just have to imagine what it looked like.

I know I haven't made much from the book, but I have been opting for simpler dishes at the moment, my dishwasher died (again) and I have had to do a squillion loads by hand for the past couple of weeks and not wanted to add more to it! I know most people don't have one so I really can't complain, it's just that they save soooo much time. I did, however, pick up my new dishwasher yesterday so I will no doubt make more from the book between now and the end of the month.

Cheers

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!