Books and cooking

Monday 13 June 2011

Over the last couple of days I have finally gotten around to completing Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games series, a series of books I started several years ago but never got around to finishing (at the time I read the Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay hadn't yet been published). And now I am kicking myself that I didn't get around to reading them before now. They are extraordinary. I now some people might not be into reading books written for the Young Adult market,  but if you can put this aside, at least for this series, you will not regret it. These books will definitely make my list of top rated books ever.



At this time of the year we have an abundance of citrus fruits, my lemon tree is full to bursting with some branches so heavy with fruit they are dragging on the ground (the photo above is not that tree, instead it is the very straggly dwarf lemon tree I have near the side door). And although they are still a week or two from picking, I find myself with more limes than I know what to do with. So, yesterday I made a Coconut  Lime Syrup Cake and it was delicious. Unfortunately it disappeared so quickly I didn't have the opportunity to take a photo of it. C'est la vie!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!